WE NEED MORE GREAT FOLKS!We're growing and our clients need more great therapists in the Mesa AZ area to help them live the best life they can.
POSITION SUMMARY:Provide direct mental-health assessments (to include diagnostic determination) and treatment to individuals with emotional and cognitive challenges. The successful applicant will work primarily in private residences or assisted living communities (or similar setting) providing direct mental-health and cognitive rehabilitation treatments. Work activities include self-scheduling, initial and ongoing assessments, individual and family therapies, and where appropriate, family communication. Clinical employees are responsible for all clinical documentation of client interaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide psychosocial and cognitive rehabilitation services designed to improve or maintain a client's emotional stability and functional capacity while coping with loss of independence, decline in health or a decrease in cognitive function. Delivered services may include evaluations/problem identification, crisis interventions, and individual and family therapy
- Encourage clients to exercise social skills, engage in interests, and leisure time activities to provide an enriched quality of life, an increased sense of connection and personal confidence.
- Observe client's therapeutic needs and develop progressive and adaptable treatment plans as needed and appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with practice standards.
- Participate in professional development sessions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION LOCATION & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The specifics of the coverage area will be mutually agreed to by the successful applicant and the Clinical Administrator.
- There are two full-time positions available.
- Work hours are typically Monday - Friday predominantly during daylight hours. Actual hours will be established by applicant and Clinical Administrators.
- This opportunity will involve working in residential settings where pets or fragrances may be present.
EDUCATION & LICENSING:
- For Licensed Psychologists: Doctorate (PhD or PsyD) Degree in psychology,
- For Licensed Clinical Social Workers: Master's degree in social work, or other related human services degree which would qualify for LCSW licensing.
- Current licensure as a LCSW or LP in your state of employment (AZ, CO or TX).
- Must have valid Driver's license and a positive driving record.
- Minimum of 1-year post-licensure (LCSW or LP).
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of modalities of psychotherapy.
- Ability to assess therapeutic situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, flexibly, and quickly adapt to changing situations.
- Must understand and appreciate our client’s diversity and be able to communicate effectively with them.
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, maintain confidentiality, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must have a clear understanding of HIPAA, confidentiality, personal boundaries and be self-assured in a variety of situations.
- Have the ability to de-escalate and remain calm.
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive and creative attitude during session and in public settings.
- Willingness to drive between residences to provide therapy sessions at private homes and senior communities.
- Strong ability to be self-motivated and maintain mutually agreed upon client caseload.
- Familiarity and comfort with computers.
- Proficiencies in MS Word, Excel, eMail communication, and web-based charting systems.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Requires the ability to climb stairs as might be found in private residences.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to grasp and manipulate small or thin objects, operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
- Better-than-industry-average Salary;
- Health Insurance;
- 401K with Match;
- No nights, weekends or on-call hours required;
- Career advancement opportunities only available at a growing, dynamic company;
- The opportunity to make our cherished older generations enjoy a higher quality of life.