How do you measure a life? There are as many answers to this question as there are people in the world and moments in a life. It’s a reflection of our priorities, our feelings and our influences. There’s no “one size fits all” response that is true for everyone.
There is a myth of a single answer within the world of healthcare. A perception, or hope, that a single cure, a single type of treatment may one day exist that will make us better, healthier, or smarter. This is especially true in the current practice of cognitive and mental health—the hope that one day we will have a pill that will cure Alzheimer’s, reverse stroke damage or heal brain injuries. We don’t want to wait for hopes, not when there are evidence-based treatment plans that can help many today.
While providing a prescription and a pat on the knee is a common standard in medical and mental healthcare, we aren’t satisfied with that. At A Wiser Mind, we have a passion for helping others, not as nameless consumers, but as individuals. We believe that there is more to health care than just prescribing another pill to a person in need.
In response, we have created A Wiser Mind, which—we believe—provides a wiser way of providing emotional care and cognitive therapy.
Who do we serve?Individuals:
- Concerned about memory decline
- Experiencing dementia symptoms
- Living with depression, anxiety or other emotional wellness concerns
- Seeking services to help slow the decline of dementia and improve the quality of life for themselves and their care recipient
How do we help?
- In-home, private Brain Activation Therapy and Emotional Wellness sessions
- Family counseling sessions to help support dementia care givers